How a “Chiropractor Near Me” Can Help Treat Whiplash
At Duben Holistic Chiropractic Center, we understand that trauma from an auto collision can have devastating physical and psychological effects on those involved. That is why our clinic is set up to be a one-stop-shop for auto accident treatment in Westlake Village, CA. If necessary, your comprehensive chiropractic care plan can include whiplash treatment specially tailored to address injury and symptoms sustained during the car crash. Our chiropractor and wellness team have extensive training and experience providing integrative therapies to assist in your full recovery.
What is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a term used to describe an injury to the neck or cervical spine during an auto accident. It is a result of the sudden thrusting of the head and neck that went forward then backward. The extension of the neck, followed by a sudden stop, may strain, sprain, or tear the muscles, tendons, or ligaments in the neck.
Typical Whiplash Symptoms
Individuals involved in a car crash should seek auto accident treatment right away, regardless if there are no visible signs of injury. This is especially important since shock and adrenaline from the accident impact can delay whiplash symptoms by 24 hours to 48 hours. It sometimes takes one to several weeks for symptoms to present in some patients. Here are some symptoms to watch out for:
- Acute or chronic neck pain
- Stiffness and swelling
- Shoulder, back, or arm pain
- Neck instability from dislocated joints
- Headaches, dizziness, or blurred vision
- Numbness, tingling, weakness, or a burning sensation
Whiplash Treatment by a “Chiropractor Near Me”
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation therapy (R.I.C.E) is typically the first-line treatment for a neck sprain. However, chiropractic care for whiplash digs deeper to find and address the underlying cause of your symptoms.
First, our chiropractor will perform a comprehensive exam to assess the extent of your injury. We may then combine the following treatment(s) to provide long-term pain relief and improve mobility:
- Chiropractic Adjustment: Our chiropractor usually performs this technique to realign the spine and restore the bones, discs and connective tissue that may have shifted out of position. A chiropractic adjustment also takes the pressure off of compressed nerves, thereby restoring nervous system balance.
- Spinal Decompression: This treatment is used to gently stretch the spine using a type of motorized traction. By relieving pressure off the spinal discs, bulging or herniated discs may retract which can provide pain relief to the nerves and other structures in the spine.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Corrective exercises further increase range of motion as well as strengthen the cervical muscles and joints.
- Laser Therapy: The non-invasive therapy maximizes expedited the healing process and reduces pain caused by whiplash.
These holistic whiplash treatment modalities also help to reduce recovery time, increase joint function, and may lessen the chance of injuring the neck again.
Schedule Your Whiplash Treatment Right Away!
Residents in Westlake Village, CA, and nearby cities who suffered a whiplash injury are welcome to seek treatment at Duben Holistic Chiropractic Center. Prompt treatment could prevent permanent damage and loss of mobility. Call us at (805) 494-1339 to book an appointment.