When an accident happens to cause a blow to the head or a jolt that causes the head and the brain to quickly shake back and forth, it may cause a mild brain injury called a concussion. As much as concussions are not life-threatening, they cause uncomfortable sensations that may last for weeks or months, affecting your quality of life. Therefore, at Duben Holistic Chiropractic Centre in Thousand Oaks Blvd, CA, we use chiropractic treatment to help relieve post-concussion pains and symptoms.
One can get a concussion from a car accident, a fall, from daily activity, or a sporting activity like football or boxing. Concussions cause metabolic and chemical changes to the brain cells, causing shape change to the brain tissue, stretching and damaging the brain cells, and making it difficult for them to function normally. Chiropractic care offers you non-invasive musculoskeletal system care, which directly touches on the nervous system and the brain and is therefore effective in the relief of post-concussion syndrome and your whole body wellness.
Common Symptoms of a Concussion
- Loss of Consciousness (some)
- Memory problems
- Feeling sluggish/ drowsiness
- Blurred/double vision
- Sensitivity to noise or light
- Loss of balance
- Slurred speech
- Draining of blood from nose or ear
- Unequal eye movement
- Sleep problems
Treating a Concussion using Chiropractic
Doctors at Duben Holistic Chiropractic Center help treat patients with concussion pain and post-concussion syndrome without the use of drugs but using nutritional counseling, and non-invasive musculoskeletal system manipulation. This chiropractic care is considered effective because:
- Concussion causes dizziness and balance problems. By correcting musculoskeletal structures and spine, stability can be restored.
- Blurred and distorted vision caused by a concussion can be treated through spinal manipulation therapy, which has been proven effective in restoring eyesight clarity.
- Chiropractic pain relief is effective in managing insomnia and fatigue associated with post-concussion syndrome, by removing the aches and pains that keep you awake at night.
- Out-of-position musculoskeletal structures pinch the nerves, causing numbness and tingling sensations, common post-concussion syndrome symptoms. Chiropractic care helps align these structures and relieve the sensations.
- One of the common symptoms of post-concussive syndrome is headaches, in which chiropractic care is proven to effectively manage.
Finding the right treatment after you have had a concussion is key to getting you back to normal functioning within the shortest time possible. People battling ongoing symptoms of a concussion may greatly benefit from chiropractic care.
If you have any of the above complications as a result of a head injury, do not hesitate to give us a call. Visit our Duben Holistic Chiropractic Centre in 4165 E Thousand Oaks Blvd Suite 301 Westlake Village, CA 91362, (805) 494-1339. We are dedicated to our patient's health and well-being, and we seek to improve their quality of life through non-invasive chiropractic treatment