Lower Back Pain Relief Starts With Our Team at Duben Holistic Chiropractic Center
Lower back pain has earned the dubious title of the second most common cause of disability, according to research shared by the National Institutes of Health. Our chiropractor team in Westlake Village CA—lead by Dr. Duben and Dr. Erickson—sees community members of all ages struggling with this condition and hoping to avoid medications and invasive procedures. We consider it our privilege to help people recover from their back pain naturally.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain And Its Typical Symptoms
Back pain occurs in a wide range of patient populations, but studies have found a few common risk factors:
- Sedentary behavior
- Certain underlying health conditions, such as fibromyalgia and depression
- Physically demanding jobs
- Advancing age
- Male gender
- Acute trauma (personal injury, auto accident injury, etc.)
Incidentally, our Thousand Oaks chiropractor staff also finds that many of our patients with lower back pain have poor posture, core weakness and dysfunction, and flexibility limitations in their hips and shoulders. These factors often contribute to poor body mechanics and impaired joint and tissue health (among other things), ultimately leading to low back pain conditions such as:
- Osteoarthritis: inflammation and wear down of the cartilage within vertebral joints
- Degenerative disc disease: inflammation and wear down of the discs between vertebral bones
- Muscle strains: damage and tears to the muscle fibers which can affect strength and motor activation (especially of the deep erector spinae muscles and small multifidi muscles)
- Sciatica: compression of the sciatic nerve in the lower back, usually by a herniated or bulging disc, bony spur, or misaligned joint
Our patients often complain of dull, throbbing, achy, and tender discomfort. Muscles in the back may have spasms and knots. Additional symptoms include buttocks and groin pain, and leg pain, numbness, and weakness.
How a Chiropractor in Westlake Village Diagnoses, Treats, and Prevents Lower Back Pain
No two cases of lower back pain are the exact same, so after a thorough diagnosis including a physical exam, personal history intake, and X-rays (as indicated), a chiropractor in Westlake Village will implement an individualized lower back pain treatment based on your goals, impairments, and contributing factors. Common services include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Innovative holistic care, including BrainSpan™ Testing, cold laser therapy, and Neuro-Emotional Technique
- Corrective exercises
- Nutritional counseling
These services improve symptoms and help you avoid recurring and chronic dysfunction by addressing underlying causes of your lower back pain.
Want Holistic Lower Back Pain Relief Without Drugs? Contact Our Thousand Oaks Chiropractor Team
If you're interested in working with a Thousand Oaks chiropractor for drug-free care, contact the Duben Holistic Chiropractic Center at (805) 494-1339.